We take marriage seriously and want to do all that we can to help couples build their homes on a solid foundation. For us, the only sure foundation is Jesus Christ. “Unless the Lord builds the house, its builders labor in vain.” (Psalm 127:1) A wedding is but for a day. A marriage is for a lifetime. LCC’s Marriage Enrichment ministry provides various things throughout the year specifically targeted towards investing in your marriage.
- Adult Electives specifically focused on enriching your marriages
- Valentine’s Dinner and a Movie Event
- Family Life Weekend to Remember Marriage Getaway
- Various Conferences and events (for example: date nights where the church provides the childcare)
Call Bill and Carolyn Law at 436-8645 if you and your spouse would like to find out more about what is available for you.
Women’s Ministry, where women connect with Jesus Christ as well as one another. Women’s ministry is for the purpose of helping women to be disciples of Jesus Christ. We hope the offerings this year will give you an opportunity to grow in your walk of faith.
Kathy Tyrrell – 426-0751
A discipleship ministry designed to reach women of diverse ages and at various stages in their journeys with Jesus Christ. Its purpose is threefold: to meet women where they are, to come alongside them as they seek to grow, and to exhort and encourage them to go further and deeper.
We propose to accomplish this by offering small groups which use Bible study materials selected by the individual group leaders. ALL groups meet Wednesdays from 9:30-11:30 AM.:
- Abide - This group will be using the Abide study guide materials produced by LCC. Gerry Hayford is the contact person and the group is facilitated by several women; begins October 5; 25-week study; no cost. Located in Ministry Center.
- David, Seeking A Heart Like His - This group will be using a workbook and DVD by Beth Moore. Led by Karin Shamlian; begins September 21; 20-week study; cost of book is $20. Located in Ministry Center left room.
- Boldly Asking - This group will be using a workbook by Aletha Hinthorn. This study helps deepen one’s walk with God through prayer. Led by Donna Stevens; begins September 21; eight-week study; cost of book is $11. Located in Ministry Center right room.
Women With a Mission
Thaisa Beach – 459-9127
Ruth Askey – 279-5417
This ministry is for women with a heart for missions. It is made up of small groups (or circles) of women who support the missionaries through prayer, correspondence and material support. In addition, Women With a Mission studies the Bible together and prays for each other's needs. Circles present a unique opportunity to learn, serve and connect personally with individuals and mission organizations worldwide. The groups meet at various times during the first week of each month, October through May.
Mary Abbott – 588-8481
Nicole Wilson – 928-9943
The LCC MOMS program welcomes mothers of all ages and backgrounds. We primarily meet on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 AM in the Commons. At our MOMS meetings, expect a warm welcome, care for your children, time to chat, relevant instruction and small group discussion with peers and mentors. Professionals and mentors teach on a variety of topics relating to parenting, relationship with significant other, managing the home, healthy living and the Bible. We connect you with a small group where you can get to know other women from your geographic region. Care for children up through age 5 is provided for a small fee. Our trained and screened workers use a preschool-style curriculum with the older children. For more information, including how to connect on FB and a schedule of events and speakers, go to www.lccmoms.com. If you have questions, e-mail email@example.com, or call Nicole Wilson or Mary Abbott.
Joan Sieck - 283-1443
New Beginnings is a ministry for widowed women. They meet once a month for fellowship by sharing a meal or doing a fun activity. This group offers encouragement and prayer support for one another. Contact Joan for more information.