Loudonville Community Church began as a Sunday School in February 1952. Arnold and Leah Bryan were concerned about the lack of religious training for children in the Loudonville area, and offered the use of a building on the corner of Bacon Lane and Loudon Road. This outreach was sponsored by the First Presbyterian Church of Schenectady where the Bryans were members.
The Sunday School began with just 23 adults and children, but growth was rapid. Rev. Thomas Teply was approved by the Presbytery of Albany to lead this mission endeavor. In August of 1952 the work expanded to include Sunday morning and evening services.
The church was incorporated in July of 1953. The decision was made to become a “community church” rather than belong to any one particular denomination. In stating their purpose the first trustees wrote: “The Loudonville Community Church aims at uniting Christians of all denominations living in this neighborhood in brotherly love to worship and praise.” The church is independent of any denomination affiliation.
In the summer of 1953, Mrs. Frank Hughson, a former medical missionary to China, gave the church their current property at 374 Loudon Road. In August of 1954, Dr. Dennis Kinlaw was called the first Pastor of LCC. He is the father-in-law of Stan Key, who was the Senior Pastor of LCC from 1994-2012.
In 1955 Loudonville Christian School began as a nursery school in the Sunday School rooms. Kindergarten through fourth grade were added in 1960. Since 1968 the school has included fifth through eighth grade and in 1995 the decision was made to establish a high school.
Both the church and the school continued to grow under the leadership of Pastor Stan Key. Thus in 1999 a building committee was formed and charged with carrying out a facility expansion plan to maximize the ministry use of the 374 Loudon Road property. In June of 2002 the present church sanctuary was completed and first used.
After 18 years of fruitful ministry at LCC, Pastor Stan and his wife Katy sensed God calling them to a new chapter of ministry. In the summer of 2014 we called a new pastor to fill the Senior Pastor position. Dr. Paul Beck began serving as the Senior Pastor of LCC in August 2014. He is the seventh senior pastor at LCC since its incorporation in 1953. Prior to coming to Loudonville, he and his wife Lisa had the privilege of serving over the past twenty-five years in pastoral ministry. He holds a Master of Divinity degree from Talbot School of Theology and a Doctor of Ministry degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary. Since the beginning of his ministry, God has cultivated in Paul’s heart a love for the church and a desire to see the body of Christ impact communities for the sake of Christ. His passion is to serve a gospel-centered church that is committed to biblical preaching, God-centered worship, and life-transforming discipleship. Paul and Lisa have been married for over twenty-six years and they have two adult children, Jonathan and Janelle.
The current ministry staff of LCC includes:
Senior Pastor: Paul Beck
Associate Pastors: Garth Allen, Jeff Robinson and Wally Hills
Directors: Danielle Hedgepeth, Ethan Appell, Kathy Tyrrell and Bob Hundemann